Windows Media Player Conflict

Border View 00:16 28 Sep 07

I run Windows Media Player Version 9. Did have a go with Version 11 but not happy to reverted to 9.

I have an Aceer Aspire Laptop (one year old). It came with Acer Arcade installed.(This is based on Cyberlink Arcade). This is a DVD, Music Player, Photoviewer bit of software. For some reason (and I think it happened when I installed WMP 11) Acer Arcade disappeared from my laptop. Have done without for a while and relied on WMP to play the occasional DVD.

I have pondered over where it went for a while. Anyway last week, I used the Acer Recovery Management tool - using the back which is installed on a hidden partition. Bingo, over the moon to have Acer Arcade back.

Only problem is - if I try and play DVDs on Acer Arcade, the whole screen breaks up into lines,jumps all over the place and looks unstable and I think its linked to the sound. DVDs play perfect in Windows Media Player which leads me to think that there may be a conflict between Acer Arcade and WMP. The other parts of Arcade work perfectly.

Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone please suggest a remedy.

Many thanks for reading this post.

Border View 09:22 28 Sep 07

Nudge

Border View 09:23 28 Sep 07

Should also have mentioned that I run XP Home SP2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…