Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD

orso63 17:22 03 Dec 10

I received this message and have been unable to fix it with info from posts here and other forums.

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

Here are my computer specs. Not sure if the info below for the graphis adapter is correct?

System make and model – Dell Dimension 5150/E510
OS – Windows XP Home Ed. SP2
Graphics adapter - Radeon X600 256MB Hyper memory (?)
DVD Millennium (Netflix)
I received this message and have been unable to fix it with info from posts here and other forums.

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

Here are my computer specs. Not sure if the info below for the graphis adapter is correct?

System make and model – Dell Dimension 5150/E510
OS – Windows XP Home Ed. SP2
Graphics adapter - Radeon X600 256MB Hyper memory (?)
DVD Millennium (Netflix)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:29 03 Dec 10

The copywrite protection on some DVDs prevent the DVD from playing in a device that is capable of burning DVDs ie your PC.

XP codec pack should solve the problem for media player click here

However I prefer the K lite pack click here

WMP sucks - VLC click here will play anything

eedcam 19:18 03 Dec 10

As said get VLC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…