Windows Media Player cannot play back - any ideas

jessie18 21:16 23 Jun 03

Trying to playback some video clips takenwith digital camera but get this error message:

Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can rectify this please.

JoeC 21:21 23 Jun 03
  jessie18 21:33 23 Jun 03

JoeC it say's the article is for xp I'm running 98SE does that make a difference?? Sorry I'm dense in these matters:-)

JoeC 21:40 23 Jun 03
  jessie18 21:49 23 Jun 03

Thanks Joec I'm going to give a suggestion found there a go.

BBez 22:42 23 Jun 03

click here and download the codecs pack. You'll have no trouble playing anything again

jessie18 10:10 24 Jun 03

Thanks BBez, but which one? There are warnings about this and that which go totaly over my head and I'm not sure which one to download as I haven't a clue what is in my laptop - apart from the software I've added and files Ive created.

Confab 13:56 24 Jun 03

If the camera does not use any windows standard codecs then you could try one of two things.

1)Make sure you're connected to the net when trying to play your video. The palyer will search for the codec

2)Check you instructions because it may play through real player or windows media player. You need to check which one.

3)If the vidoe isn't a standard format then a player and or codec would have been suppled with your camera. Again check the instructions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…