Windows media player to another program

sebtiger 11:35 12 Sep 06

I am trying to take screenshots of various parts of a video in media player, however when I paste into word, paint or Photoshop the video caption will only show part of the original, moving the screenshot around the screen changes the part of the clip that shows. I really need this sorted out as it is for a physics coursework peice.

Thanks

Seb

ArrGee 11:42 12 Sep 06

First of all, how are you going about capturing the screenshots? What version of Media Player are you using? If you are increasing the Media Player to full screen and using 'print-screen', how about reducing the video screen and capturing part of the desktop aswell, then cropping the image in Photoshop?

sebtiger 12:21 12 Sep 06

Hi, well I am using 'print screen' and windows media player 11 beta, I havce tried minimizing the video size and capturing desktop as well but does not solve the problem.

sebtiger 12:23 12 Sep 06

Hi, well I am using 'print screen' and windows media player 11 beta, I havce tried minimizing the video size and capturing desktop as well but does not solve the problem.

ArrGee 12:49 12 Sep 06

Not sure if this is the correct solution, but it is a free screen capture application. Might be worth a try.
click here

Coff 14:23 12 Sep 06

ImageGrab (freeware) might help you click here

sebtiger 15:51 12 Sep 06

they didnt work as it said they were unsupported formats, they are meant to run on power dvd but cause an error so I am using wmp 11 beta

sebtiger 16:09 12 Sep 06

The same thing happened again with the one you suggested ArrGee except it was black

ArrGee 16:12 12 Sep 06

What are you opening the saved file in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009