windows media player 9 won't burn to cd

The Mills 23:45 26 Feb 05

Trying to burn a .WMA file to cd using windows media player 9 - when I try to do so I get the message
"The Easy CD Creator burning engine was not found on your system. Would you like to download and install it?".
I already use Easy CD Creator version 4 running on Windows 98SE to burn other cds with no problems. Anyone any idea what's happening and how I can fix it?

GaT7 00:02 27 Feb 05

You could try reinstalling WMP9 over itself. Look for a file called setup_wm (usually in \Program Files\Windows Media Player) & double-click it to bring up the setup wizard. Follow the wizard to reinstall.

Note: Even if it works, WMP9 will by default only burn CDs at a 2x speed (which is very slow). You'd be better off burning with ECDC4 & your CD-writer as you'll probably get a faster burn speed (dependent on your CD-writer burn speed(s) & the blank media, of course). G

The Mills 00:06 27 Feb 05

Already tried the reinstall. ECDC4 doesn't recognise WMA as a valid audio file type either so I can't use that.

GaT7 00:47 27 Feb 05

With EDCD, try creating/burning a Data CD (as against an Audio CD) with the WMA files. G

britto 02:53 27 Feb 05

I think Windows Media Player only burns to cd with XP,

GaT7 23:01 27 Feb 05

The Mills, I've just found this...try the free Nero cd-burning plugin from click here (more info click here & click here).

I've not tried the above plugin, but from personal experience, ECDC & Nero don't like each other - so you may have to uninstall ECDC (temporarily, at least) in order to use the Nero plugin. [There's also a free WMA plugin available from Nero click here, but I'm unsure what it does!].

I forgot to mention earlier that burning a DATA CD with WMA/MP3 files will only play in your PC's optical drives & in some newer home/car CD players (please check specs of your players). To make sure it plays in ALL players then you must burn an AUDIO (only) CD with ECDC/Nero/WMP.

britto, WMP9 has the 'Roxio CD Burning' plugin (which will work in Win98se/ME/2K). But as I said before, it'll only burn at 2x speed (unless one gets an upgrade from Roxio). G

The Mills 23:53 01 Mar 05

downloaded the nero plug in so now I can burn but now it tels me i haven't got enough licenses to burn the file which is wrong. The file was recently paid for and downloaded. Back to wanadoo I think to find out whats wrong now and why it wont let me burn it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5