WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9 RADIO CONNECT PROB

MAGGX 18:44 28 Dec 03

Hi everybody.
Ive got windows XP home wmp 9 on broard band if it makes any difference. I can't seem to connect to radio stations. When I click on connect player Internet explorer comes up with scropt error object dosen't support property or method.
It won't let me connect any idea's ?
Very frustrating my other version was fine but I can't remember what it was.
Thanks

Jules Dale 19:38 28 Dec 03

HI, I get the same problems, but all you need to do is when the script error occurs, click, yes or continue and you will get your radio stations to work fine, i think there is a bug in the WMA some where

little ernie 20:31 28 Dec 03

I had the same trouble at one time. I wanted to listen to the BBC radio 6 and I only had WMP 9 installed. I installed the free version of Real One Player and use this to play all the radio stations.

Gaz 25 20:52 28 Dec 03

I get access denied on the BBC radio player with WMP 9

MAGGX 21:03 28 Dec 03

Thanks for thre info jules but i've tried clicking the yed button but the same screen stays , it dosen't matter how many time siI press it. Any ideas?

Gaz 25 21:29 28 Dec 03

Try disabling your firewall, that works for me.

MAGGX 21:42 28 Dec 03

Thankx Gaz
Is that not dangerious as in security ?(Sorry i'm still a novice at this)

Stuartli 10:11 29 Dec 03

Have you enabled all the audio/video/DVD file types from Tools>Options>File Type tab?

The BBC website uses either its own player or RealOne if you have problems with its own - Real used to be the default.

You may need to configure/permit your firewall (I use ZA) to allow Internet Explorer to access the Internet, which will also allow the streaming of audio or video into your system.

Have you also checked IE's Security and Privacy settings?

A full explanation of these is provided by MS at:

click here

MAGGX 14:51 01 Jan 04

Hi Stuartli,
thanks for the reply. Sorry for being din What is ZA?
Thanks.

christmascracker 14:58 01 Jan 04

ZA = Zone Alarm firewall

MAGGX 15:02 01 Jan 04

Many thanks Christmas cracker, I'll look at that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…