Windows Media Player 9 doesn't play DVDs correctly

Jakonapster 22:40 22 Aug 05

When I play a DVD with WMP9, the screen "flashes" to white every few seconds. It does this even when the video is paused.
It happens with commercial DVDs and home video DVDs.
I recently downloaded some Plugins for my Pinnacle Studio 9 setup and suspect it may cause the problem thanks to clashing/duplicate codecs.
Is there a way of checking this or whatever is the cause - and fixing it?
I can restore my XP system to a pre-plugin level but then I'd loose important function on Studio 9.
The DVDs play okay on WinDVD 4 and Pinnacle Instant Cinema.

Forum Editor 22:54 22 Aug 05

is to download the latest version of Windows Media Player - version 10.

You seem to suspect the Pinnacle Studio 9 plugins - did DVDs play OK before you installed these? Ig they did, then you've probably answered your own question - download WMP 10 and see what happens.

stalion 22:55 22 Aug 05
  Jakonapster 00:06 24 Aug 05

If someone could reassure me there are no major issues between WMP 10 and Pinnacle Sudio 9 - then I'd be willing to install WMP 10.
Call me chicken hearted - but I don't fancy the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling Studio 9 and all its patches... not to mention the doubt I have about reverting WMP 10 to WMP 9.
Or would XP's system restore be able to cope with all of these factors (easily)?
Bottom line: I can play DVDs on WinDVD 4 and Pinnacle Instant Cinema.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…