Windows Media Player 9 Crashes

Nick052 15:08 25 Feb 03

Hi,

I recently upgraded Windows Media Player to version 9, and have discovered a recurring problem.

On almost every occasion I run the player - which i use to play MP3s - the sound suddenly stops, yet the progress bar in WMP keeps moving.

The player then crashes at the end of the song, or if I try pressing any button.

I then have to Ctrl Alt Delete to end the program, although this is not always successful and I usually have to restart my computer. Even if I dont, WMP will not play any other song when i reload it.

This is especially irritating as it seems to have an effect on Internet Explorer too, which crashes after I end the WMP program, and I have to restart anyway.

However, I use WMP to organise songs into playlists - is there some way of fixing this problem?

Can anyone recommmend an alternative player which could use the playlists I have on WMP if I export them?

Thanks for any advice.

I have a Windows 98, AMD Duron 950Mhz, 256MB RAM computer.

Andsome 15:12 25 Feb 03

In all honesty I think that you are better sticking with the earlier versions until plenty of others have tried the latest out and found all the problems. I seem to recall quite a few postings regarding edition 9.

Stuartli 15:16 25 Feb 03

Have you installed the correct version of WMP9?

There are two available - one for 98 etc and the other, with a larger range of features, for XP.

I have Win98SE and have had no problems at all with WMP9; it's proved very stable and reliable since I installed it on the first day it became available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…