Windows Media Player 9

carlh365 16:15 22 May 03

I'm not sure whether I can download the new Windows Media Player as whenever I go to the offcial site it always says next to the link (US),
does anyone have the new Windows Media Player 9 in the UK, as none of my friends have and I just wondered whether or not it was available here in the UK yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Carl

Wes Tam ;-) 16:19 22 May 03

carlh365, yes I updated to v.9 some months ago.

carlh365 16:25 22 May 03

I just want to be crystal clear, the version 9 is the one where it has varied playlists like songs you play only play at night or at the weekends and you can chose your own colour for the background etc?

If this is right then I will upgrade.

Thanks again,
Carl

crimbo 16:40 22 May 03

Yes, you can do that with the play-lists, it's been available on a lot of PC coverdiscs as well. Look at the documentation very closely though, because i beleive the only way you can uninstall this version is by doing a system restore to a point prior to it's installation.

Philip2 19:47 22 May 03

Check to see you have a restore point before downloading Media player 9 as you can not uninstall it if it goes wrong.

Ironman556 20:01 22 May 03

I used the update option in Windows Media a few days ago and just clicked through the messages... all sorted in 35 mins (56k modem)

GrahamP 20:04 22 May 03

I uninstalled Windows Media Player 9 from Win 98 SE no problem. I think it's only XP (and possibly 2000) that has this feature.

I installed it via Windows Update but it should also be available on the downloads page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…