Windows Media Player 9

Gary 11:37 14 May 03

I am using Windows Media Player to play DVDs (because it's the only program I can find that can play DVDs in normal RGB windows rather than in overlays).

However, it does not seem to have a Pan&Scan option like WinDVD or other DVD players, so when I watch widescreen films, I have to put up with black borders at the top and bottom.

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable pan and scan in Media Player - perhaps using a plug- in?

MartinT-B 12:25 14 May 03

I found this click here from

It's a plug-in from InterVideo who make WinDVD to make WMP better at DVD playing. It's $14.95, about £10.00

Check out the site click here there are more to choose from

click here for the Microsoft, WMP Coolstuff site

and click here for the MS WMP download site.

Gary 13:48 14 May 03

The plugins you've identified look good. The only trouble is they all costs about $15. In my opinion, DVD playback is a feature Microsoft ought to have put into Media Player so I don't really want to have to pay extra. Anyone know of any free plugs ins that will allow me to get Pan&Scan on DVD?

Stuartli 17:38 14 May 03

Try here:

click here

click here

and here:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…