Windows Media Player 9

shaduf 16:28 18 Jan 03
  shaduf 16:28 18 Jan 03

Downloaded the Windows Media Player 9 upgrade the other day and the Media Library showed all the music files I have on my computer as I expected.
Today I have been going through the many music folders and files using explorer and have deleted quite a substantial number of them.
Unfortunately the deleted ones still appear on the list in Media Player, although they won't of course play. How do I get the list to update itself so that it only contains files actually on the computer.
Thanks in anticipation.

Gaz 25 17:18 18 Jan 03

it is not to do with the problem, but what do you thibk of WMP 9 series. Better than 8?

shaduf 17:26 18 Jan 03

WMP 9 is very different to previous versions and well worth the upgrade. There's so much in it that it takes a bit of getting round. I'm sure my problem is so blindingly obvious but I can't see it for looking.
I think that it would be very handy if you could download a manual in a PDF format. Really, when a program gets to be so big I think a manual is needed. The Help is good but it always takes a lot of ploughing through up all the dead ends.
But yes - definitely get it. The displays are super and it will keep you going for ages looking at all the facilities.

Now, come on somebody tell me how I get it to update.

crx16 17:27 18 Jan 03

delete all and re-search for media?

crx16 17:28 18 Jan 03

in future you could delete tracks from library,and you get the option to 'delete file from hard drive'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…