Windows Media Player

Airman5877 14:46 14 Nov 10

On my backup computer Windows Movie Maker closes down when I click on. I operate Windows XP with SP2 and SP3. The message I get when I click on Movie Maker is that it has `encountered a problem and needs to close` (and it does). I have sent the usual reports each time but there is no information box popping up giving me any indication what the problem is or why it is occurring. Various friends have tried to help out but without success. I have been told that Movie Maker is available with SP3 but as I already have SP3 I am uncertain if downloading it again at this time and installing will solve the problem or whether that in itself will cause other problems

bremner 14:58 14 Nov 10

Can you confirm what is not working.

In the title you say Media Player and in the body Movie Maker

northumbria61 15:00 14 Nov 10

Your heading suggests a problem with "Windows Media Player" and then you go on to say you have a problem with "Movie Maker" - a slight slip perhaps but you will have to confirm which it is in order to get help.

Ian in Northampton 15:40 14 Nov 10

Bremner/northumbria61: see also here...

click here

Airman5877 21:09 14 Nov 10

Yes, I do apologise. It is definitely Windows Movie Maker. It works fine on this computer but on my backup it will open up but about 10 seconds later I get the pop-up message `Movie Maker has encountered a problem and needs to close`. You will also see that I posted with regard to a problem with Outlook. That problem related to this computer and not the backup so the Movie Maker problem is exclusively my backup computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5