Windows Media Player

bruno 13:08 26 Feb 09

I have installed WMP 11 and when I loaded its library from My Music I find that many of the tracks have copied themselves as many as five times. I use XP Home and it has all the updates. Also WMP 11 refuses to download data from the internet.Any suggestions?

bruno 14:44 27 Feb 09

Oh Well!

bert52a 15:18 06 Jun 09

I have no axe to grind.I uses theseforums to find answers or occasionally to help the odd person who is more confused than I am but I have to say that WMP is awful.I having been trying to get wmp to play on my Dell Laptop for about 2 years and I've looked everywhere on the net-the microsoft advice is impossible!-I've asked technicians and I've looked in all sorts of other forums.The most useful advice I had was to play media with vlc player.It doesn't have all the flashy bits that wmp11 does but it has the slight advantage that it works almost 100% and today it made me happy (in a sad way, I suppose) by telling me it could not play a file with an undf. format and then played it anyway.
wmp RIP. Viva VLC!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…