Windows Media Player

mahalo 20:11 18 Mar 08

My new computer Has OS Vista, with Windows media player 11, however I don't much like it. I there any way I can go back to wmp 10 ?. I find wmp 11 a bit too complicated and it wont play the little videos I have recorded on my camera.
Cheers.

brundle 20:57 18 Mar 08

As WMP11 ships with Vista changing to v10 might be problematic. A quick Google reveals some ways to achieve it but it looks like a bit of a hassle.

As for it not playing videos, that's more likely a lack of codecs than a problem with WMP. Try the KLite codec pack, Standard is usually sufficient. click here

If you want to try a different media-player;
GomPlayer; click here - Nice interface and plays lots of file-types without needing additional codecs

VLC click here; Ugly looks and unpolished interface but plays almost any file (although you can apply skins to improve the looks)

mahalo 00:16 24 Mar 08

Thank you brundle, I downloaded Klite and can now player my videos. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…