Windows Media Player

Samuel Gee 13:38 07 Aug 07

Hi,My neighbour has a Dell P.C. with a genuine Windows XP He is not on the internet nor does he want to be.He has a DVD he wanted to watch but the program "Media Player"tells him the program is not coded for it to play.My P.C. plays it no problem,I am running Vista with the new Media player installed.I thought I would update him from a M/Soft download but it requires an Authentication confirmation.No problem with mine but how do I get it onto his machine.There must be thousands of owners who do not want to go on the Web
Regards,
Sam Gee

rawprawn 13:43 07 Aug 07

Have look here, you could download it for him,copy it to a flash drive and install it. There are many free ones on the net
click here

birdface 13:43 07 Aug 07

Tell him to download Vlc it will play any type of DVd.click here

birdface 13:45 07 Aug 07

Sry,here, click here

rawprawn 13:47 07 Aug 07
  birdface 13:51 07 Aug 07

Not coming out right,Just click on VLC Media Player at top left of my click here.Like I said it will play anything.

Stuartli 14:27 07 Aug 07

Try installing the Standard K-Lite Codecs Pack (which covers the majority of users' requirements) from:

click here

Also check from WMP's Tools>Options>File Types that all the File Types are Enabled after installing the pack.

Stuartli 14:28 07 Aug 07

The pack includes Windows Media Player Classic.

Samuel Gee 15:02 07 Aug 07

Wow what a responce,Thak you all so much.
Regards,
Sam

Samuel Gee 13:50 25 Aug 07

Hi I was so pleased with the responce about this problem.I downloaded two programs,I can not pin point the one that gave me a problem but it shows on my Bullguard as Cdvd.exe this is a virus which took a whole day to remove.Thankfully I used the second program I had downloaded to put on my neighbours P.C.Just thought I would warn all of you .
Regards,
Sam Gee

birdface 22:36 25 Aug 07

Looks like it was Cliprex DVD Player.if anybody is thinking of downloading it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac