windows media player

swanny2 02:33 13 Apr 07

ive just tryed palying a dvd on it,an its saying ive not got a Encoder compatible,what does this mean .

ive got windows xp with media player 9 i think ,

cheers

rdave13 02:38 13 Apr 07

Try here click here

birdface 08:57 13 Apr 07

click here this one and dump Media player.It will play any Dvd's

birdface 10:24 13 Apr 07

Never came out right ,Just press media player when you open it, Sorry for the delay,But got cut off again,This site is not working very well at the moment.

ArrGee 10:37 13 Apr 07

Probably in need of a codec pack
click here

swanny2 10:17 14 Apr 07

cheers all.
rdave- i downloaded that codec pack,and now it says,Decrease the number of colours on ure Monito,or screen resolution, What do i do.

Buteman - that link doesnt work ,sorry.
Arrgee- that pack was the same 1 as rdave ,s l ink cheers.

i still can play it because of errors i listed above,not sure what do.
thanks

derbyfc 10:21 14 Apr 07

try this for butemans link
click here

swanny2 10:45 14 Apr 07

CHEERS DERBY Ive downloaded that player it works ffine. its just that i wanted too know why my windows player wont work as above comment i made. thanks again.

birdface 12:39 14 Apr 07

Unfortunately with Windows media Player they make you download it but will not supply a decoder with it,they expect you to go to one of there sites and purchace one,But now that you have VLC your Windows media player may also work,

swanny2 12:55 14 Apr 07

cheers no it wont play says resolution or something see above. but that VLC pLAYS anything
tx

birdface 17:35 15 Apr 07

Thats why I said dump it,I had exact same problem and found WM Player to be a pain in the backside,VLC is a lot better.Microsoft should not be allowed to make you install it without supplying you with the proper decoder.Now can you delete WM/player from your computer without crashing it, Doubtfull.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…