//some 3rd party need geo

Windows Media Player

Mr Mark Nolan 23:30 30 Nov 05

my windows meadia player wont load a video file or any movie files at all it just goes mega slow but the media player does show and is viewable but the movies are not and when i close the media player its still there in the back ground, i have to go to task manager and delete EXPLORER.EXE but as some of you would know if i do that then i will be lefted with a blank screen and nothing to click on so i have to press run the EXPLORER.EXE again.

basically i cant load up video files it would slow my PC down to the MAX and is unbearable to play use even the mouse curser slow down so much it takes ages for the movement to be visable on the screen.

any suggestions?

Mark Nolan

Polopaul69™ 23:34 30 Nov 05

had the same happen to me - i now use a different player and got rid of wmp all together. Normally use winamp or quick time.

Mr Mark Nolan 23:56 30 Nov 05

btw i forgot to say i cant use any video player on my PC it happends no matter whats and it start ever since i brought a graphics card the nVidia GeForce 6600 AGP anyone know why its doing this?

phono 00:46 01 Dec 05

Have you got the latest video card drivers installed?

Mr Mark Nolan 12:30 01 Dec 05

yeah i got the latest drivers well so i thought but i didnt know there was any new drivers out in the last 2 month but otherwise yeah im upto date and its a 512MB my ICT teach at college said the graphics card could be to good for the computer or its speed aint working correctly with the PC

phono 21:45 01 Dec 05

Have you checked the nVidia website to see what the latest driver version is and also for possible solution(s) to your problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…