Windows media player

Doire_Bhoy 14:28 24 Nov 05

Hi,
I was using Windows medai player to play music and some films. However someone in my family installed Real Player.

Im not a fan of real player so i deleted it as it seemed to be the defualt msuc/ video player.

Now when i try and play music/films nothing works. How can i get Windows Medai player to work.
Its still installed and i can open it up. Beofre all this i just put in the cd/dvd and it played automatically.

Thanks for the help.

Klof Ron 14:42 24 Nov 05

In MP go to Tools/Options/File types check all those you want MP to be the default player, apply and ok out.

Diversion 14:47 24 Nov 05

By delete I asume that you uninstalled real player. If so media player should work okay, but if you actually deleted the program you are in trouble.

Doire_Bhoy 14:51 24 Nov 05

Hi,
I did a serach for everything called Real Player and deleted it. Is this linked to Windows Player???

Klof Ron...i cant see Tools/Options/File in MP

Audeal 14:55 24 Nov 05

You may need to reinstall Real Player and "UnInstall" it from the Control Panel.

Doire_Bhoy 14:55 24 Nov 05

Thanks Klof Ron. Did what you said and it worked!

Shortstop 14:56 24 Nov 05

Start>control panel>Folder Options>Tab marked File Types

Find the types of file you want to change[WMA/MPĀ£] click & change 'opens with' to Media Player.

HTH

Paul

Diversion 14:57 24 Nov 05

If you haven't emptied your recycle bin click on it and restore all files. Then you must uninstall real player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…