Windows Media Player

Spr 18:21 09 Nov 05

I have tried to download Window Media Player 10 but I keep receiving a message that it is incompatible with my version of Windows XP Pro do I have to update Windows or something if so how?

stalion 18:31 09 Nov 05

have you got sp2 installed?

GaT7 18:37 09 Nov 05

Have you tried updating to WMP10 using Windows Update click here? If you haven't used Win Update before, download all critical/necessary updates first.

If above not aplicable, try a manual download & install from click here. If you've done so already, redownload as you may have a corrupted file.

If still no joy, run a sfc /scannow click here, & try installing WMP10 again.

I'm also using WinXP Pro (with SP2) & had no problems upgrading to WMP10 a few months ago. G

Spr 22:36 09 Nov 05

Have sp2 installed

Crossbow carried out what you recommend still keep get this message

This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows.

GaT7 22:59 09 Nov 05

So the sfc /scannow didn't work then? Found a variation of this, running it from the Command Prompt which is supposed to solve the problem click here. G

Anyway, try this (from click here):

"Currently it appears that wmploc.dll in C:\Windows\System32 is the file causing hell for some users while trying to WMP 10.

The solution might be rather simple, navigate to C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and copy wmploc.dll to C:\Windows\System32.

Now, run the WMP 10 installer again and see what you get."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…