Windows media player

TonyTT 18:21 02 Oct 05

There are two accounts on my PC, myself and my girlfriend. When I log on and download music, and then send it to "My Playlist" in Windows Media Player" it works fine. However when my girlfriend logs on and opens WMP the latest stuff that I have just put into it is not available. It all has to be sent again for her.

Is there anyway that you can connect up the WMP programme so that what you add on one persons login, automatically happens for everybody else's login?

recap 15:47 05 Oct 05

What ever you do in your account is kept in your account profile and nobody else's.

Check in WMP to see if there is a setting to share the resources, but I do not think there is.

You could save them to an external drive and transfer them into her account when she logs in.

Kev.Ifty 21:40 05 Oct 05

You may have the folder, to which you are saving your downloaded music, ticked as 'private' or 'do not share'.

Can the other account holder go to 'My Computer' and search your documents?

If the folder is not private then (whilst logged in to other account) Open WMP Click FILE/ADD TO MEDIA LIBRARY then choose 'By Monitoring Folders'. Then browse to the appropriate folder.

you should then be able to find the music files....... I believe ;-)

ade.h 18:04 06 Oct 05

Perhaps it would be better to keep your music, or at least copies of it, in Shared Documents. This folder is designed to be shared regardless of each users' folder privacy settings. Point WMP to monitor that folder under Library settings and do the same for other users in their respective accounts.

TonyTT 19:20 08 Oct 05

Thanks for that.

cobwebs 22:09 09 Oct 05

I have tried to download tracks from Tesco but get the message- An unknown error occurred on your computer that caused Internet Explorer to malfunction. A responce from Microsoft Online Crash Analysis states- A solution is not available for the problem you reported. Also Tesco did not have any answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…