windows media player

thesut 22:46 07 Jun 05

I have windows xp pro the media player has no sound for some reason. This is only on the administator account only. user account works fine and real time works ok on both. Does anyone know how can rectify this on my admin acc

hugh-265156 23:53 07 Jun 05

have you checked that the volume is not muted 'start/control panel/sounds and audio devices/volume/adavanced' when logged in as administrator?

have you checked that the soundcard or audio driver is installed ok in 'start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager?

thesut 00:04 08 Jun 05

every thing is fine there.As i said before sound is ok in real time & also in quicktime but media player in admin acc only has gone astray

hugh-265156 00:09 09 Jun 05

I really have no idea so can only offer simple things to check sorry.

Have you checked the mute button in media player itself? (left of the volume slider) if it shows a little speaker icon with a - after it, its muted and if it shows a little speaker icon with -) after it, its not.

If that doesnt help try installing or reinstalling the latest version media player 10 maybe click here

thesut 21:32 09 Jun 05

i tried installing it again but it said its already installed.I played around with it and its now working. it got me stumped but its working thxs anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…