Windows Media Player

babybell 18:18 05 Jan 05

When i watched movie previews on the next, windows media player used to open up and then then i could play the movie even tho it was only half way through downloading, however recently when i click the link it loads the movie in internet explorer and as a result it downloads a big chunk first and i just have to wait, how do i get it back to how it was?

babybell 22:25 05 Jan 05

Hey guys i need ur help!

LeadingMNMs 22:35 05 Jan 05

Check your Media Player settings.

Tools > Options > Performance

Check that the network buffering settings are low, mines set to 5 seconds

Have no idea if this is the setting you need, but give it a go.

babybell 22:40 05 Jan 05

No that doesn't work. I dont know why but it is trying to download movie clips first, whereas b4 it used to launch a media player window and u could watch the earlier part of the movie whilst the rest is downloading

LeadingMNMs 22:54 05 Jan 05

I'm not sure if this will be in any way relevant, but if you have Quicktime then in its settings is an option that does this.

Open Quciktime from the Control Panel, select Browser Plug-in from the drop-down menu and ensure that there is a tick in the box labelled 'Play Movies Automatically.'

I'm not sure that this is related, but I suppose theres a small chance that this could be a global setting.

fieldyweb 02:41 06 Jan 05

What is the format of the movie file your downloading, that might make some difference, WMV, Mpeg, AVI, QT etc.. What version of WMP is it?

babybell 23:01 06 Jan 05

I removed windows media player and i installed quick time, but now this is loading in an internet explorer window and not opening up seperately to play movies, so this must mean its a internet explorer issue, any ideas?

babybell 23:06 06 Jan 05

Have just noticed that mpegs are loading in internet browser window and .wmv are loading in windows media player?

Stuartli 09:30 07 Jan 05

Have you enabled all the File Types settings in WMP?

There's also a WMP codecs pack available from the MS website's WMP home page and, even better, you can download the standard version of the K-lite codecs from:

click here

which will enable you to play virtually all audio and video files.

babybell 17:46 07 Jan 05

Yes i have selected all but quick time is doing the same thing. Im so confused!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…