//some 3rd party need geo

Windows Media Player

maz2 00:14 24 Aug 04

I used to be able to click on play all in the left hand pane and everything in the folder would play, now nothing happens can someone tell me how to get it working again please

Simon_P 00:35 24 Aug 04

On the left panel select media library

and then select the folder you want or all music (depending on what you have there.)

It sounds like you have nothing selected so the player doesn’t know what to play.

If you have played something from the web it may have de-selected your media library options, that is why you will most probably need to re-select them

Hope this helps

maz2 11:14 24 Aug 04

Thanks for that I'll give it a go

maz2 00:03 25 Aug 04

Tried that it didn't work, what I have is folders in my docs which I like to play, so what I normally do is open the folder in my docs and click play all and that usually loads them all into media player and they play in order, this function isn't working all of a sudden, mind you I did install the internet trace destructor (cover disc) last weekend, would that have done anything? by the way I'm running XP

Simon_P 00:13 25 Aug 04

I think you need to:
Right click the folder that your music is in and select properties

Click the customise tab and select "music album" from the drop down menu

Select apply or OK

When you open folder the play all link should be there

Hope this helps

maz2 15:54 25 Aug 04

Sorry that didn't work either it must be something that is unchecked and should be checked I think but I havent a clue what, any ideas gratefully appreciated

Simon_P 20:19 25 Aug 04

Media player 8 or 9?

If you double click on a media file in your usual folder does it launch Media player?

Have you installed another media player like real player etc?

In media player/tools/file types tab is windows media audio file (wma) ticked?

Have you moved or renamed your music folder?

You could also try: in media player/tools/search for media files.

Use the browse button to navigate to your music folder. And click search

i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\you\My Documents\your music

I think it will be a process of elimination; the two most common problems have not worked.

I don’t know about the software that you say you have installed so can’t offer an opinion on that

Hope this helps

maz2 00:06 26 Aug 04

I uninstalled the internet trace destructor which was the cover disc on the latest PCA and it's working again now, so it must have been that programme that was stopping it working Cheers anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…