windows media player

joe95 23:06 06 Jul 04

I've done it again,downloaded a patch from MS now Media player doesn't work tried all the usual things last time someone gave me a site to download a repair but I have to the site and can't find anything sight name downloadprogramming.com.
Thanks

woodt 23:46 06 Jul 04

Try here click here

GRFT 07:26 07 Jul 04

I have also just downloaded MediaPlayer9 (to Win98SE) and now the sound has gone all weird, like the musicians were playing in an echo chamber. I've checked all the settings, ie, graphic equaliser and suchlike, re-installed the sound card driver but without success. I would like to go back to the previous version of MediaPlayer just to confirm that the fault doesn't lie elsewhere, as I have made several changes to the system lately and I don't listen to music on my PC all that much, but I don't see how vers 9 can be uninstalled, or if there is a previous vers on the win98SE insallation CD.

joe95 23:38 07 Jul 04

GRFT
Iam on XP. downloaded a security patch for Media player and it glued it upsome time ago and was advised to download MS autoplay repair wizard version 5.2.3790.67 from a website that no longer has it but might work on 98SE if you can find a site to download from.
Try posting your problem again.
Best of luck
joe

joe95 23:42 07 Jul 04

woodt.
Thanks for the tip, but found a repair patch in my d/load file which I had used before.

GRFT 11:13 08 Jul 04

Thanks for the info, Joe95. I couldn't find the repair wizard but I did download MediaPlayer vers 7.1, but it wouldn't install, probably because vers 9 was still there. Anyway, no big deal. I can live with it for the time being. Thanks again.

GRFT 11:59 10 Jul 04

Thanks, crx1600. Vers 9 uninstalled OK then reinstalled vers 7.1 but it made no difference! I've recently fitted a new hard drive (SATA)and everything re-installed from scratch. But I still have the hard drive with the previous installation intact so I may hook it up again and see what's what. Thanks again.

Stuartli 13:25 10 Jul 04

There are two main versions of WMP9 - one for earlier operating systems and the other for XP etc.

Have you installed the right one?

Stuartli 13:26 10 Jul 04

Have you checked the configuration, especially File types etc from Tools?

GRFT 07:05 11 Jul 04

I definitely downloaded the correct version, but, as from my previous posting, reverting to vers 7.1 made no difference, so it must be something else. Anyway, vers 9 as installed on my other hard drive turned out to be OK, so I copied this to my current hard drive and now everything sounds great. I checked all the settings and couldn't see anything that could've caused the problem. Thanks for your suggestions.

wee eddie 09:08 11 Jul 04

My sound went haywire and the DVD player was disabled.

I just restored to a point just before the download and wrote the time wasted off to experience.

I am all for new versions of software but I feel that it should be made a little more obvious what the potential problems are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…