windows media player

pat2068 23:37 20 May 04

every time i open windows media player i get a internet explorer script line error
line 49

char6259

error expected

code o

url click here media .com/media guide/gbhome?wmpf friendly =true&locale=409 &version =9.0.0.3075 can anyone please help o/s win xp home thanks leo

Charence 23:44 20 May 04

The link just gives a "Page cannot be displayed" error. The script error would be a problem with the MEDIA GUIDE page which WMP loads at start up. To stop viewing error messages, open IE or your default browser and go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED. Check "disable script debugging" then click OK

Charence

pat2068 23:48 20 May 04

i already have disable script debugging checked any other help thanks leo

curlylad 00:03 21 May 04

I just looked at my Media Player and have a similar error window:-

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line:47

Char:6259

Error:Expected';'

Code:0

URL:click here

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

I've never had a problem with Media Player before , and it seems a coinsidense that 2 people have the same/similar error on the same day.

Does any body know of a problem with the Media Player at the moment ? Are there any more of us out there with a similar thing happening ?

curlylad 00:04 21 May 04

I just looked at my Media Player and have a similar error window:-

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line:47

Char:6259

Error:Expected';'

Code:0

URL:click here

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

I've never had a problem with Media Player before , and it seems a coincidence that 2 people have the same/similar error on the same day.

Does any body know of a problem with the Media Player at the moment ? Are there any more of us out there with a similar thing happening ?

curlylad 00:07 21 May 04

Sorry 'bout that , I tried to alter my 'coincidence' spelling mistake on the post and posted twice.

I also forgot to leave the gaps in the URL for you guys to read it , but you can still 'hover' on it !

So any budding Media Player experts out there in PCA land ?

SANTOS7 00:08 21 May 04

funny you should say that get exactly same message as curlylad

curlylad 00:11 21 May 04

Hmmmmm !

pat2068 00:11 21 May 04

it must be a problem with the new player anyone no a email address for microsoft and we can email them and ask them leo

pat2068 00:12 21 May 04

i think i have opened a can of worms here leo

SANTOS7 00:12 21 May 04

i have tjust tried diferent functions within media player and get diferent error messages

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…