windows media player

pat2068 23:37 20 May 04

every time i open windows media player i get a internet explorer script line error
line 49

char6259

error expected

code o

url click here media .com/media guide/gbhome?wmpf friendly =true&locale=409 &version =9.0.0.3075 can anyone please help o/s win xp home thanks leo

Charence 23:44 20 May 04

The link just gives a "Page cannot be displayed" error. The script error would be a problem with the MEDIA GUIDE page which WMP loads at start up. To stop viewing error messages, open IE or your default browser and go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED. Check "disable script debugging" then click OK

Charence

pat2068 23:48 20 May 04

i already have disable script debugging checked any other help thanks leo

curlylad 00:03 21 May 04

I just looked at my Media Player and have a similar error window:-

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line:47

Char:6259

Error:Expected';'

Code:0

URL:click here

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

I've never had a problem with Media Player before , and it seems a coinsidense that 2 people have the same/similar error on the same day.

Does any body know of a problem with the Media Player at the moment ? Are there any more of us out there with a similar thing happening ?

curlylad 00:04 21 May 04

I just looked at my Media Player and have a similar error window:-

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line:47

Char:6259

Error:Expected';'

Code:0

URL:click here

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes No

I've never had a problem with Media Player before , and it seems a coincidence that 2 people have the same/similar error on the same day.

Does any body know of a problem with the Media Player at the moment ? Are there any more of us out there with a similar thing happening ?

curlylad 00:07 21 May 04

Sorry 'bout that , I tried to alter my 'coincidence' spelling mistake on the post and posted twice.

I also forgot to leave the gaps in the URL for you guys to read it , but you can still 'hover' on it !

So any budding Media Player experts out there in PCA land ?

SANTOS7 00:08 21 May 04

funny you should say that get exactly same message as curlylad

curlylad 00:11 21 May 04

Hmmmmm !

pat2068 00:11 21 May 04

it must be a problem with the new player anyone no a email address for microsoft and we can email them and ask them leo

pat2068 00:12 21 May 04

i think i have opened a can of worms here leo

SANTOS7 00:12 21 May 04

i have tjust tried diferent functions within media player and get diferent error messages

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now