holligan 10:55 26 Dec 03

when i listen to talksport on the media player it stops every 2 mins then starts , then stops. when i used to press play a little media player came up no promlem listen for hours. now the websites been changed and a newer player comes up.

AubreyS 12:06 26 Dec 03

The player is most likely experiencing network congestion. This means that there is not enough available bandwidth to stream the selected file. When you are using a TCP connection, the data in the player's buffer is used to supplement the stream until the buffer is used up. Once the buffered data is gone, the player pauses, replenishes the buffer, and then resumes playing, using the new buffer to supplement the playback stream bandwidth. This cycle continues until network conditions improve.

Stuartli 13:00 26 Dec 03

Have you tried it with RealOne?

I find that RealOne, at least with BBC (click here) streaming, very rarely needs to let the streaming catch up even at the busiest times of the day.

Just key the website URL into RealOne.

hoverman 13:16 26 Dec 03

I may be completely on the wrong track, and perhaps others will correct me if I am wrong, but a long time ago I was experiencing sound stopping and starting. For the life of me I cannot remember the circumstances but it was cured by reducing the Hardware Sound Acceleration level. Go to the Run command and type in dxdiag. Select the Sound tab and move the slider under 'DirectX features' one notch to the left. I would be interested to see if this cures your problem.

holligan 16:19 26 Dec 03

To standard it was at the end, it still buffer`s after 30 secs then starts then buffer`s. It says media player to listen , i dont no if real one will work, i had promlems with radio bbc with the real player.i never had trouble with media before till now.

Stuartli 17:13 26 Dec 03

Strange. I only have dialup (49.2kbps with Tiscali and 52kbps with Pipex) and usually have three or four windows open to various websites whilst listening to Radio 2...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…