windows media player 11 beta

boblette 19:46 16 Aug 06

anyone know how to get rid of this piece of trash? have tried the usual tricks, now fed up.

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 16 Aug 06

System restore?

ade.h 20:10 16 Aug 06

Has it not been included among the updates listed in Change or Remove Programs? That can happen unfortunately, which leaves little choice but a Sys Restore. Using the entry in Add/Remove Windows Components does not actually remove it; only remove access to it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:47 16 Aug 06
  ade.h 20:51 16 Aug 06

Those instructions are fine, provided it is actually in the list.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:01 16 Aug 06

You have to ensure 'show updates' in add/remove progs is ticked ;-))

G

ade.h 21:03 16 Aug 06

Well obviously. There's no need to be patronising.

Jimmy14 21:06 16 Aug 06

I installed this a while back which also mucked up my computer along with Office 2007 so no more betas for me.

Totally-braindead 21:11 16 Aug 06

I don't think it was meant to be patronising ade.h, by default add/remove doesn't show the updates and if boblette doesn't know that then it would make sense to mention it.

Incidently boblette in case you do not realise Beta software is prerelease software. That is it still has bugs and has been released to allow the developers to sort the bugs out. Unless you know what you are doing I would strongly advise you not to download any Beta software but to wait for the full tested version.

This is not intended as any sort of slur on your computing ability just as a heads up in case you do not know. I wouldn't touch a Beta version of anything with a bargepole as it can cause too many problems. In my opinion its better to wait for the full thing.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:23 16 Aug 06

As Totally-braindead pointed out, the post was not intended to be patronising but merely to highlight a common error when people cannot find entries in add/remove.

G

Ikelos 22:01 16 Aug 06

I think our ade.h might have the hump...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…