Windows Media Player 11 'album view'

nickhick 14:50 22 Mar 09

I have recently been using WMP 11 a lot as I've just bought a Creative Zen MP3 player and have therefore been ripping some of my CD collection.
Initially, after having ripped about 10 or so the icons/titles in the album view were just lumped together with no apparent order and then suddenly, as more were ripped, they all appeared as an alphabetised list and there is a need to scroll down the screen to see from A to Z.
Funnily I can't find anywhere, in the menus, to turn off this type of view in 'album view' (as I call it).
Is this something that occurs as the number of ripped CD titles increases?

peter99co 15:10 22 Mar 09

Are you on the Library Page? If you click the col heading you can view z-a,album artist or genre etc.

nickhick 15:22 22 Mar 09

Hello.
Yes I'm in library view but if I click on 'album' it just reverses A to Z to Z to A.

peter99co 15:24 22 Mar 09

Seems normal to me then. What order do you want?

peter99co 15:29 22 Mar 09

You should have a list on the left to allow a Song List,Artist List,etc

nickhick 16:19 22 Mar 09

I realise it must seem as though I'm making a fuss but a few days ago the albums were just placed as CD icons in not any apparent order and yet now they are listed A>Z according to title.
I just don't remember it being so, originally.

peter99co 17:31 22 Mar 09

Under the sync button is a small tab with an arrow to change the view.

nickhick 19:13 22 Mar 09

That small tab is available on Library, Sync, Rip, Burn etc. albeit with slightly different options.
In general windows with Vista there is the option to arrange the page by numerous means but these are not available here.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos