windows media player 11

murphyman 18:56 19 Apr 09

hi, i wonder can someone help, when i turn off media player after using it, all is fine until the next time i boot my computer, there is media player starting up with windows, i have in the past, went to msconfig and unticked it in startup,i even deleted it out of the start up with ccleaner, is there something that im missing. any help appreciated. ger

OTT_Buzzard 19:15 19 Apr 09

Not quite sure what's causing your problem, but a search in google shows that a few people have reported a similar issue - in some cases it was due to infections on teh PC, in others, msic / video files were being initiated on start-up causing WMP to launch.

Try running a scan on your system for nasties...

OTT_Buzzard 19:23 19 Apr 09

if you have a USB stick, memory card or any other storage devices plugged in when you boot up, try unplugging them. It's just in case any device contains an auto-play or similar that is launching WMP

murphyman 19:33 19 Apr 09

thank you OTT_Buzzard,i have ran a scan with malwarebytes,spybot,superantispyware, and avast, system came up clean i dont have anything pluged in on startup, it is a mystery

OTT_Buzzard 19:48 19 Apr 09

....and found this:

click here

The trick with the registry editor seemed to be the one that did the trick.

Post back and let us know how you got on.

murphyman 19:55 19 Apr 09

spot on OTT_Buzzard thank you, problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…