Windows media player 11

Jak_1 17:22 11 Apr 08

OS XP-Home SP2.
Having installed SP" a few weeks ago I upgraded to WMP 11. This has caused an annoying problem in as much as after a day or so the video shows as playing but no picture, sound is there. This I usually solved by re-booting, however that is now not solving the problem. The same happens when I try to use other media players ie VLC, Real Player or WMP Classic. I have the latest k-lite codec pack installed. I have rolled back to WMP 10 and have no probs with the video viewing. Was wondering if this is a known issue and is there any remedy for it. I would value any advice. The MS page for WMP solutions seems to be down at the moment.

Jak_1 17:23 11 Apr 08

For SP" read SP2

Acx 21:48 11 Apr 08

One solution to this and I don't know if it will help in this case was to reduce the Graphics Acceleration a few notches.(Controlpanel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot. If it works it could mean you need to update your Graphic Drivers.

Jak_1 21:52 11 Apr 08

Thanks. I downloaded the latest driver for my card just a few weeks ago after a re-install.

Jak_1 21:55 11 Apr 08

I will try the reducing graphics acceleration though.

Acx 22:12 11 Apr 08

In WMP 11
Tools>Options>Performance>Video Acceleration>Advanced
there is the option to turn on Direct X Video Acceleration .

If WMP and the others use (or can use) DirectX in some way, you could try updating Direct X (if you haven't already).

Jak_1 04:48 12 Apr 08

Thanks, slowing the video acceleration brough the picure back immediately. Thanks a lot for your time and help, appreciated.

Acx 04:01 14 Apr 08

I cant get back to respond as much is would like.

The reply solution and update is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now