Windows Media Player 11

chochi 14:59 28 May 07

Is it possible to change back to using Media Player 10 as I preferred this version. How would I do this and would I still be able to keep all the music I have on Media Player 11

Danoh 15:16 28 May 07

I have not tried this myself but need to due to a conflict with my Sony laptop's bundled program (Roxio's Sonic Digital Media).
Sony VAIO's support suggested uninstalling Media Player 11 via Ad/Remove Programs. Then downloading Media Player 10 from Microsoft's web site and installing it again.

As to not losing your music files, Media Player builds up links to them. There is an option to check that when files listed in Media Player are deleted, that the original files are left alone (i.e. not deleted).

Uninstalling Media Player should not delete your files.
But to be safe, I would back up the folders containing the media files onto an external hard drive anyway.

birdface 15:35 28 May 07

Deleting WMP11 from add remove will take you back to WMP10 if that was the one that you were on previous,Whether you can transfer the music with you, i do not know,

chochi 17:56 29 May 07

I made a backup copy of My Music just in case, and then uninstalled WMP11 through Add/Remove Programmes. It said that this would revert back to the version that had previously been installed - in my case WMP10.
All the files that were in My Music folder were still there in version 10.
Thanks to Danoh and buteman for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…