windows media player 11

AL47 21:57 26 Mar 07

i cannot get any dvd to play on windows media player, it freezes on loading and an error pops up and it closes, can you help?

Stuartli 22:00 26 Mar 07

Check from WMP's Tools>Files Types that DVD (and all File Types are Enabled.

Also downloading the standard K-Lite codecs pack will provide all the codecs required:

click here

AL47 22:17 26 Mar 07

why does that work when nothing else seems too?

AL47 22:26 26 Mar 07

still problems, i have to have intervideo xpack on for my ipod mp3 converting so is there anyway to tell wmp to use klite only?

moorie- 22:43 26 Mar 07

have you played dvds wmp11 before?
if so try a uninstall reinstall

identify the codec using this,if it is a codec issue
click here

alternatively download click here

and try dvd playback

Stuartli 22:53 26 Mar 07

The codecs that are required for any particular purpose will be utilised.

AL47 23:29 26 Mar 07

one fix seems to lead to another another, x-pack doesnt work for dvds but works for downcoding my mp3s with anapod, and k-lite works for playing dvds but both wont work together!

Also with klite, wmp doesnt play voices loud but background sound are, how do i fix that?

i can cope without the xpack.

Stuartli 09:13 27 Mar 07

If you go to WMP's View>Enhancements you'll be able to use the graphic equaliser, audio volume levelling and a number of other aids.

Stuartli 09:18 27 Mar 07

The K-Lite codec pack merely provides the audio and video codecs needed to perform specific functions within WMP - it's WMP itself which is configured to do what you require.

A few minutes spent exploring the configuration available within WMP will enable you to make the most of it and the Help section will assist in this quest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…