Windows Media Player 11

magnus35 21:42 02 Feb 07

I installed wmp11 today and since then there has been , and still is , an awful lot of hard drive activity , the reason for which is a mystery to me .
wmp11 seems to be very slow to respond , taking as long as 4 minutes to start playing a cd . Ripping an album takes forever and often it does not display the message stating that the rip has been completed . When an album is deleted from the library , after ripping , it will reappear on the next visit . At times it is very slow to respond to any commands and has frozen/crashed twice .
I also installed my new Philips HDD6320 digital music player . They recommend the use of the wmp sync list but when an album is transferred in this way everything previously loaded seems to be wiped . I have to transfer the tracks to My Music then drag and drop onto the device .

Any suggestion regarding what might be happening here , and a solution , would be most welcome .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…