windows media player 11

mediaplayerhelp 15:54 13 Aug 06

I used to have windows media player 10 but since then I have installed windows media player 11. Now I would like to remove windows media player 11 and get 10 back how do I do this?

ade.h 15:57 13 Aug 06

Lucky you had a previous version; otherwise you would not be able to roll back or uninstall the current version!

Go to Start > All Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults > Change or Remove Programs. Show updates. Scroll down.

I have to ask though; why on earth do you want to make a retrograde step? Version 11 is very good and quite an appreciable step forward.

ade.h 16:00 13 Aug 06

Forgot to add that some people (myself included with one PC) find that there is not uninstall entry for updated versions of WMP. As it cannot actually be removed from the system* or overwritten with the same version, this can be a big pain.

*By which I mean that the entry for WMP in Add/Remove Windows Components does not actually remove it - it merely removes access to it and any reference to it while leaving the installation otherwise unchanged. The same applies for IE, OE and many other Windows Components.

ade.h 16:01 13 Aug 06

Please note the difference between Add/Remove Windows Components and Change or Remove Programs.

SB23 16:03 13 Aug 06

I've just changed to WMP11 from WMP10, and have found it very good.
I'm curious as to why you want to go back?

mediaplayerhelp 16:03 13 Aug 06

Well since I downloaded 11 I havnt been able to delete things off my library but that probably doesn't happen to everyone who has it.

dontmeshwithme 23:58 14 Aug 06

I upgraded to 11 and found it a nightmare, it took too long to browse my library with all the thumbnails. As most of my albums do not have pictures associated with them, therefore I am happy to just see text. The search function is very good however. To perform a rollback to a previous version microsoft recommends the following click here

Blackcats 15:04 19 Aug 06

I felt the same way about 11, and did just as recommended by ade.h and gotback to 10. Much happier with that version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5