Windows Media Player 10 Upgrade from 9 or download

driving man 16:47 12 Sep 05

I would like to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 from WMP version 9 if this is possible.Otherwise anyone know of a safe site to download from?
As usual thanks in advance

ACOLYTE 16:50 12 Sep 05

click here to upgrade to wmp 10 but it only works with xp as far as i know and you cant go back to 9 after.

driving man 16:55 12 Sep 05

thanks Acolyte --- download has begun --- 40 mins to twiddle my thumbs

Stuartli 19:46 12 Sep 05

You can go back to WMP9 through System Restore.

However, WMP10 will only work with XP and, in fact, is included in SP2 along with Windows Movie Player 2 (now 2.1 from the Microsoft website).

iscanut2 20:12 12 Sep 05

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought that SP2 came with WMP ver 9 and thus caused problems when installing SP2 from SP1 with version 10 already installed on ones computer. I thought i read somewhere to uninstall ver 10 before installing SP2 and then once SP2 was on, re-install ver 10 again. Sorry if this is not correct as I have not upgraded to SP2.

Stuartli 21:03 12 Sep 05

You can't uninstall WMP, only disable it from Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Components; SP2 includes SP1.

..Nuts

My apologies. I've realised the reason I got it wrong was because WMP10 was due to be included in SP2 but wasn't quite finished in time.

Microsoft decided to delay it until the autumn of 2004 and SP2 came out officially on August 6th with the initial developer's version.

In the event, however, WMP10 was finalised and released only a few days later and I must have immediately downloaded it at the time. Hence my confusion...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…