Windows Media Player 10 Technical Beta

powerless 19:21 02 Jun 04

click here

Hmmm Looks much nicer but generally the same?

hugh-265156 19:27 02 Jun 04

ta

i may give it a whirl for a laugh.

Gaz 25 19:28 02 Jun 04

This is a technical beta release. Before you decide whether to install this software, it is important to understand that the technical beta release does not have the stability of released Microsoft software. You might encounter problems with this release of the software that could possibly result in a loss or destruction of data. This release is not for production use, and we suggest that you run the software in a test environment or back up your existing data, including music and video files, before you install and run the software on your computer.

VoG II 19:30 02 Jun 04

That is almost word for word what it says on the Microsoft site ;o)

Gaz 25 19:30 02 Jun 04

Protected content may not work after rolling back to Windows Media Player for Windows XP

The Player is temporarily unable to restore licenses backed up in previous versions

Closing rollback wizard requires reinstallation
Device issues

Deleting WMPInfo.xml dissolves synchronization partnership

Disk space used for converting files for synchronization can't be adjusted

Changing temporary files location used for converting files for synchronization can cause synchronization to fail

Player fails to replace synchronized files deleted from device

Playlist entries can't be edited in Synchronization Settings

Auto playlists created in Synchronization Settings can't be edited from the Contents pane

Items added to Sync lists from subcategories aren't saved in playlists

Auto playlist entries may be shuffled during synchronization

VoG II 19:46 02 Jun 04

Well, it is working just fine and dandy here :o)

Famous last words?

hugh-265156 19:48 02 Jun 04

ta

isnt that what happens with version 9 final retail?

:-p

Al94 19:59 02 Jun 04

I think I'll risk it!

Gaz 25 20:30 02 Jun 04

It is word for word, but I just posted in case some one dediced to install it and didn't realise it was beta.

Al94 20:33 02 Jun 04

So far - so good, seems to work fine.

AcidBurn7uk 20:34 02 Jun 04

Does anybody know when the final is due. I'm getting this feeling that maybe MS will send it out with XP SP2 verrry soon. Probably way of the mark, but still...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…