Windows Media Player 10 problem?

jimanddavid 16:00 31 Jan 05

On trying to open a Video/audio attachment in an E-Mail i get a response from WMP. "An internal application error has occured". This is on new E-mails, and old mail previously opened now will not open and gives the same response

carlos2001 16:04 31 Jan 05

Ok. Well i dont use WMP but i use Winamp which can be downloaded from click here. This program lets you do the same and more as WMP. this program is very good and i have never had any problems with it and u can use it when you recieve videos or sound files by e-mail.

I hope this is usefull enough for you.

jimanddavid 16:11 31 Jan 05

Thanks Carlos2001 tried to open your click here but get the response "This page cannot be diplayed"

carlos2001 16:15 31 Jan 05

Sorry. my fault the address you need is click here now it should work let me know if you have any further problems with Winamp.

jimanddavid 16:25 31 Jan 05

Downloaded Winamp but still get the same reponse on trying to open attachment " an internal application error has occured"

carlos2001 16:34 31 Jan 05

Right ok then. well i would think the problem actually is the attschment it may be corrupted when it was sent to you. do you have any more attachments stored in your e-mail account that you can try just to make sure that its not your computer? if so then do so and then get back to me.
i have had similar problems with opening attachments and sometimes it just turns out to be something stupid like the file dosent actually exist and the link is corrupted.

jimanddavid 16:47 31 Jan 05

Carlos 2001 I have tried other attachments on E-mails I have opened before and now they won't open.Tried attachs with just photos and they opened okay but anything with video will not.

carlos2001 16:52 31 Jan 05

ok then. im sorry but i cant help really, but i understand the problem. keep your forum open and if i can find a solution i will let you know. Have the attchments ever opened or has it always been the same, if so then it may be the video card but that seems a bit unlikely.

jimanddavid 16:57 31 Jan 05

Yes attachments have opened before,can still play DVD's so does this rule out video card problem? thanks

carlos2001 17:05 31 Jan 05

yes it will do. so there is something wrong with the way you are recieving Attachments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017