Windows Media Player 10 problem?

jimanddavid 16:00 31 Jan 05

On trying to open a Video/audio attachment in an E-Mail i get a response from WMP. "An internal application error has occured". This is on new E-mails, and old mail previously opened now will not open and gives the same response

carlos2001 16:04 31 Jan 05

Ok. Well i dont use WMP but i use Winamp which can be downloaded from click here. This program lets you do the same and more as WMP. this program is very good and i have never had any problems with it and u can use it when you recieve videos or sound files by e-mail.

I hope this is usefull enough for you.

jimanddavid 16:11 31 Jan 05

Thanks Carlos2001 tried to open your click here but get the response "This page cannot be diplayed"

carlos2001 16:15 31 Jan 05

Sorry. my fault the address you need is click here now it should work let me know if you have any further problems with Winamp.

jimanddavid 16:25 31 Jan 05

Downloaded Winamp but still get the same reponse on trying to open attachment " an internal application error has occured"

carlos2001 16:34 31 Jan 05

Right ok then. well i would think the problem actually is the attschment it may be corrupted when it was sent to you. do you have any more attachments stored in your e-mail account that you can try just to make sure that its not your computer? if so then do so and then get back to me.
i have had similar problems with opening attachments and sometimes it just turns out to be something stupid like the file dosent actually exist and the link is corrupted.

jimanddavid 16:47 31 Jan 05

Carlos 2001 I have tried other attachments on E-mails I have opened before and now they won't open.Tried attachs with just photos and they opened okay but anything with video will not.

carlos2001 16:52 31 Jan 05

ok then. im sorry but i cant help really, but i understand the problem. keep your forum open and if i can find a solution i will let you know. Have the attchments ever opened or has it always been the same, if so then it may be the video card but that seems a bit unlikely.

jimanddavid 16:57 31 Jan 05

Yes attachments have opened before,can still play DVD's so does this rule out video card problem? thanks

carlos2001 17:05 31 Jan 05

yes it will do. so there is something wrong with the way you are recieving Attachments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…