Windows Media Player 10 - File types

kwil2 04:17 20 May 05

Hi..can anyone tell me how I change file type associations in WM10?
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 07:58 20 May 05

Tools

options

file types

I think.

Stuartli 09:04 20 May 05

As Diodorus Siculus points out, that is the route.

You can Enable all the file types if you wish or which are required (don't forget to Apply and then OK afterwards) - it's worth downloading the WMP9 codecs pack from the WMP home page at microsoft.com, which also applies to WMP10.

Another useful codecs pack is the Standard version from click here which will cover the bulk of most peoples' needs.

Pooke100 09:26 20 May 05

i hope Im not sounding stupid.........

to get the tools menu, you press the little down arrow beside the minimise/maximise/close buttons at the top.

It took me about a week to figure out where those menus where. lol, there's a big "D" on my hat for a reason!

Regards

Pooke

kwil2 23:35 20 May 05

Thanks everyone especially Pooke...knew the sequence but didn't know where to find menu...Duh!

Stuartli 00:31 21 May 05

>> to get the tools menu, you press the little down arrow beside the minimise/maximise/close buttons at the top.>>

You've really stumped me there.

I've always click on Tools - and, I suspect, so have many, many, many thousands of others....:-)

Pooke100 00:55 21 May 05

that only applies in skin mode not full mode in which case you press the arrow to get access to the drop down menu with file, view, play, tools and help......As I implied it may seem a simple enough thing but it's not obvious and anyway the reply wasn't for your benefit!

Regards

Pooke.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…