Windows Media Player 10 DRM issue

iminton 22:03 22 Nov 05

I have recently bought music from mycokemusic.com and upon downloading found that Windows Media Player 10 has asked for a security upgrade. I agreed, although I knew that my PC was up to date with Microsoft updteas having chosen that in Xp SP2. The message came back saying that the upgrade had failed, with a code C00011CD which meant that media PLayer didn't know why it had failed. This also killed all my previous purchases from mycokemusic. I have tried yo upgrade DRM licenses from microsoft via their website but this still gives the same issue. I've reinstalled Media Player and SP2 but to no avail. mycokemusic have supported me though this but we still havent resolved it - does anyone else have this issue and has found a solution?

joethebow 23:33 22 Nov 05

DRM is a killer. If anything goes wrong with the licences the media is useless. The licences do not come from Microsoft but from mycokemusic.com. It is intended, and it does, make sharing or copying nigh on impossible.

Like you said, one glitch and the music is gone. Even when it works it will only play in MP10 so you can't download it into your MP3 player even though you paid for it.

You could try contacting mycokemusic.com but I doubt they'll help.

My advice avoid any site that uses DRM like the plague. Before paying for a membership or downloading anything contact the webmaster and ask if he uses DRM, if he does tell him, very politly, where to stick it.

radi8or 05:36 23 Nov 05

iminton,

There was a MS Update(KB 902344) for WM Players using DRM but it wouldn't update unless you had System Restore running, don,t know why, might help.

Regards Bob

iminton 18:14 27 Nov 05

I've tried downloading and installing the KB902344 patch but no further luck. mycokemusic are trying to help and have so far been supplying good advice, but they haven't resolved the issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant