Windows Media Player 10 causing.....

goll_y 17:29 31 Oct 04

I think that Windows Media Player 10 is causing my computer to crash (it seems to crash whenever I have finished ripping a legal! CD but am not sure why).

What should I do? I am keen to continue using WMP 10.

herc182 17:47 31 Oct 04

yeah i think windows media player 10 is giving me access violation errors. it seems to consume a huge amount of resources when i was burning my beloved radiohead "the bends" cd onto my HDD. it caused my computer to grind to a halt and wasnt burning it as quickly as it used to (pre update).

Sorry i dont have the answer

goll_y 17:49 31 Oct 04

Yeah same here. Don't remember what album it was as I'm trying to put on all my collection. It does seem that now it rips them slower and also occasionally causes the system to crash.

Any ideas for fixing it?

Tenacious Green 20:01 31 Oct 04

What format are you ripping to and are you using one of the new WM10 ripping types?(I think it is called optimal or something) cos I've been ripping fine to date but using my previous settings, [email protected] with no probs to date. I wondering whether the new format or ripping speed could be too quick for your current cd hardware?

Either something like that or you could try Uninstalling and reinstalling.

Gaz 25 20:12 31 Oct 04

Like all MS updates - let other people try them out first. I'm not updating yet!

herc182 18:18 01 Nov 04

not ripping to any fancy format....just standard WMA

goll_y 21:08 01 Nov 04

To MP3 128kbps

Tenacious Green 21:43 01 Nov 04

I would suggest then uninstall and re-install to see if that aliviates the problem. Like I say I have been ripping no probs and certainly no slower tha WM9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…