Windows Media Player 10

m800afc 12:55 09 Jun 08

Win XP Pro SP2
I have been trying to get Windows Media Player 10 installed, but it refuses to install, saying it is incompatable with my current system. It was running fine until I recently trialled WMP11, which I did not like. The software is downloaded from Microsofts Official Site. Is there a way of "persuading" WMP10 to install?

interzone55 13:14 09 Jun 08

Have you removed WMP11?

You won't be able to install an older version until you remove the newer one...

m800afc 13:21 09 Jun 08

I have removed WMP11, but WMP10 still will not install. It still reports that WMP10 is incompatable with my operating system. Clicking on the resultant "Details" button takes me to a Microsoft page stating that the "Page cannot be displayed"

interzone55 13:54 09 Jun 08

Are you downloading from this page?

click here

Try using the version from the Old Versions website

click here

m800afc 17:18 10 Jun 08

alan 14
Thanks for the suggestions. I have download wmp10 from both of the sites you suggested. Each time I try to install, the same thing happens. I am told that wmp10 is not compatable with my version of windows. I an using XP Pro SP2 and wmp10 did work before I trialled wmp11. Now I cannot get rid of wmp11. If I try to uninstall, It just offers a rollback to the previous version, which always results in wmp11 being installed.

I would like to get rid of wmp11 completely, bang, flash, finito Benito, gone. How can I do this in such a way as to be sure ALL wmp11 file are removed?

Maybe then I can reinstall wmp10.

sultan_emerr 18:17 10 Jun 08

Try troubleshooting WMP11, here,
click here

and FAQs click here

interzone55 20:55 10 Jun 08

Do you have a working version of WMP installed, which version is it?

There's every chance that when you removed WMP 11 a fully patched copy of WMP 10 remained, which may explain there error message you are getting when you try to install a base version of WMP 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant