Windows Media Player 10

magnus35 22:30 11 Feb 07

I had been ripping album tracks to load onto my new digital audio player , about 50 - 80 at a time ,and deleting them from the library when finished . For some strange reason , the deleted items kept reappearing in the library - it soon showed the contents to number in the hundreds . As I again went through the process of deletion , the contents number would change both up and down - it was as though , after some items had been removed , others were being added into the library . I tried to delete a couple of hundred at the one go and a window appeared rapidly over and over again on top of itself stating that the media player data base had been corrupted and the WMP shut down . I usually had about 76 items in the library which appeared , by their titles , to be music for various software installed on the PC . They were there from when I got the PC new and , not being too sure about how these things work , I just left them alone . They have all disappeared now but so far I haven't noticed any sounds missing when booting up etc .
It also seems strange to me that the space in which the contents of WMP library can be viewed is only about 1/3 of the screen yet the area underneath that , which is only used when connected to the online store , is so large .
If anybody can make sense of this and offer any useul comment / advice then I would be most grateful .

Technotiger 22:46 11 Feb 07

Hi, why not update to wmp11? might make a difference.

magnus35 23:01 11 Feb 07

Thanks for your response Technotiger .
The manufacturer , Philips , indicates that the player only works with Windows XP and WMP10 .
When installing the device I was prompted to update to WMP11 and did so . A nightmare scenario ensued and I eventually discovered from Philips website that there are known to be serious issues with this player and WMP11 but I think a patch is now available . I might download it when I can get my PC to identify my device correctly - but that's another thread .
magnus35

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…