Windows media player 10

lezw 01:41 10 Apr 05

Is Windows media player 10 a virus cos it installed it self on my computer and now i can`t delete it or roll back to wmp9.The real problem is I can`t play a lot of my media.Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Wakki 01:46 10 Apr 05

Try opening Control Panel...go to Add Remove Programs....then click the icon called Add Remove Windows Componants....and it should be in the list shown. Best of luck.

lezw 01:51 10 Apr 05

Hi sorry but Ihave tried that and deleting the wmp from windows it just reappears.Installing wmp9 just tells me that there is a newer version allready on the computer

Wakki 02:07 10 Apr 05

Oh dear. I just did a quick search and the answer doesnt look good. Have a look at this site...It may help a bit. :-( click here

Wakki 02:10 10 Apr 05

Leave Media Player on and change the File Associations to another make of media player?

lezw 14:25 10 Apr 05

Hi wakki still no luck I think i may have to reinstal xp and try to not let wmp update itself

mattyc_92 14:44 10 Apr 05

Why fo you want to reomve WMP 10 for?? as this is the newest and safest release....

mattyc_92 14:45 10 Apr 05

To remove it.... You need to open the "Add/Remove Porgrams" list and click onto the tick option "Show updates"... Then just search for the program and select remove...

Jak_1 14:47 10 Apr 05

re-boot in safe mode and then delete wmp10.

Joe R 14:48 10 Apr 05

lezw,

Go to control panel-add or remove programs, and make sure the show updates box at the top is ticked.
Then it should only be a matter of scrolling down to Widows media player ten, clicking once to highlight it, and then remove it.

mattyc_92 14:50 10 Apr 05

that's what I said that.... lol

Jak_1

That wouldn't be a very good idea, as ther will still be registry keys looking for the program, so you may recieve some error messages...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…