Windows Media Centre, - No Sound

thegreypanther 18:32 05 Apr 08

Although the sound works fine on my PC, including on Windows Media Player, I can get no sound at all when using Windows Media Centre.
The "obvious" possible reason of the Mute button being checked has been looked at.
Any other suggestions as to why I have no sound for Live TV / Recorded TV / DVD player etc.?

I hope that this doesn't mean reinstallation, but only that there is some "silly" that I am unaware of.

(I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, 64 bit)

MCE2K5 19:31 05 Apr 08

Have a look at this click here

thegreypanther 20:42 05 Apr 08

Thanks MCE2K5.
Unfortunately, the recommemded action doesn't do anything in my case.
Windows Media Centre remains as mute as before.
Is there any chance that something like Real Player or Quicktime has updated itself, and installed some default setting?

john bunyan 21:57 05 Apr 08

Have you updated sound card (if any) drivers?

thegreypanther 22:19 05 Apr 08

I am unaware of actually having done anything myself. Apple Quicktime or Itunes keeps on coming up to say that an update is available, and each time I reject it.
But there could possibly have been an automatic update for Windows itself which has switched something off.
Basically, I am unaware of having taken any action that could have stopped Windows Media Centre going mute on me.
On second thoughts, I installed the BBC IPlayer a couple of weeks back. Is this likely to cause a clash?
I can watch downloaded programmes on IPlayer, but the TV in Windows Media Centre is silent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…