windows media centre and new digital PCI card

Giggsy252 23:02 17 Mar 07

At the moment i watch TV via Media centre with the default tv card that came with my Phillips PC. However i want to change the card to a digital one. I was wondering can i still use Media centre in conjunction with the new tv card e.g record or do i have use the program that comes with the card??

woodchip 23:22 17 Mar 07

You should get software with the Card

Giggsy252 13:52 18 Mar 07

yeh but what if i want to use the media centre recording facility, is it still usable?

Fingees 17:07 18 Mar 07

With some, you have to recoed via supplied software, but can play back with windows nedia.

Giggsy252 22:26 18 Mar 07

anyone know which ones i can still use media centre 2005 to record using a new DVB tv card

Giggsy252 23:14 07 Apr 07

got the dvb card, but when i use it, no sound comes out of the card and the picture is stuttering, yet when i switch to analogue signal on same card, it is fine with sound and no stutter.

anyone help?

woodchip 23:43 07 Apr 07

You may need to connect the sound card to the TV card with a cable at the back or on the card

Fingees 09:26 08 Apr 07

I am running a hybrid card, using digital only

I installed the tuner software from the disk, but left the displaying part to Windows media.

I had not tried recording, but just done so, and it worked 100%

Giggsy252 21:35 08 Apr 07

but i get sound when i switch to anaglogue signal.

and the picture is stuttering yets its fine when i leave it on anaglogue signal. please if anyone can help, would be greatly apreeciated

as when i set up signal on media centre it gives me 2 options

1) analogue and 2) digital.

works perfectly under analogue but no sound and stutter in picture when i choose digital option.

Obviously im in a freeview area.

Giggsy252 22:32 09 Apr 07

anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac