Windows media Centre hides cursor

Severn Bore 19:13 08 Jan 09

Hi
I run a dual monitor setup and sometimes use the secondary one for watching TV on Media Player. However, if I try to view it in full screen mode the mouse cursor completely disappears from both monitors. I do not have the problem if media centre is not in full screen.
I know that in some "video" programs you can choose to hide the cursor, but I have been unable to find an option on WMP.
Any ideas please?

howard64 19:54 08 Jan 09

this could be a lack of ram on the graphics card? have you tried just pulling the picture by the bottom right hand corner to almost full screen and see what happens.

MAT ALAN 19:57 08 Jan 09

try setting mouse pointer to 3D WHITE

MAT ALAN 20:00 08 Jan 09

or try this

Open Control Panel > Mouse. On the Pointer Options tab > Under Visibility > uncheck Display Pointer trails > Click/Apply

Severn Bore 21:50 08 Jan 09

Hi
Thanks for the suggestions. However, I have a 512 mb graphics card so that should not be a problem. and also have white mouse cursor and trails already set up.

MAT ALAN 21:51 08 Jan 09

and trails already set up..

Needs to be disabled...

Severn Bore 15:13 09 Jan 09

Misread your advice. Will give it a go.
Regards
Andrew

MAT ALAN 15:19 09 Jan 09

the issue seems to be well documented without any real positive solutions, what works for some does not for others, could be a long process of elimination to find a resolve...

Severn Bore 14:17 11 Jan 09

Hi Mat Alan
I tried removing "trails" and it resolved the problem regarding WMP in full screen mode. However, it still has not enabled the visibility of the mouse cursor on my other monitor. I think I will stick to using WMP in other than fullscreen mode until a full solution becomes available. It is no real hardship.
Many thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…