Windows Media Center Problem

Totally-braindead 01:47 02 Feb 07

I've got a new PC with media center on it and it appears to have a problem with one of the updates. I've got a disk with the update on it and have also tried to install it from windows updates but it always fails.
Its update KB900325 and according to the troubleshooting section of Microsoft this can be a problem when update KB886904 an update for Net framework is installed. The solution is delete the Net framework hotfix and then install the media player update.
The problem is this though. I don't have that update on my PC so I'm kind of stuck. Anyone any ideas?

anskyber 08:44 02 Feb 07

Not really. Checking my update history I see I have two more roll up updates for media center. I wonder if these subsequent roll ups make your earlier version redundant?

Totally-braindead 10:12 02 Feb 07

Thanks for that anskyber, I'll keep looking, perhaps as you say the later updates have this patch and its not required.
I assume you are running media center and if so do you have patch KB900325 installed?

BRYNIT 11:01 02 Feb 07

KB914548 update supersedes all updates since Update Rollup 2 (KB900325) for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

click here

Totally-braindead 12:04 02 Feb 07

BRYNIT thanks for that I think I'll click this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac