Windows Media Center

Craigmave 16:53 22 Jan 04

Hello there, i currently have the new windows media center set up on my pc. Here is my set up... I have sky set up to my TV and Video, i also have a cable running from my sky box to my pc tv tuner. This all works really well. How do i get media center to get the signal so that i can start to use the media center for my tv recordings. I am currently using winfast entertainment center for the sky. Are there special codecs that i need to install or any missing files. Cheers from Craig.

Pineman100 18:23 17 Oct 05

Hi Craigmave
I dragged up your old thread on this subject from January 2004. I'm interested to know whether you managed to get your WMC computer successfully set up to record and play back programs from Sky. I'm thinking of buying a media center PC and I just want to be certain that I can use it to record Sky stuff and then either play it back through my TV or save it to DVD.
Do you have any helpful comments on this please?

DREYFUSS56 18:04 30 Apr 06

I have my Sky connected to my VCR and take the TV feed off my VCR to my PC TV card via coax cable. I had trouble at first to get my tv card to see the Sky channel but have at last resolved it. Just do a normal scan for your TV stations in MCE then manually add the sky channel. I found that my VCR uses Channel 69 for Sky so i just added that Channel. Hope this works for you.

Pat.B 18:50 07 May 06

Hi Dreyfuss56,

I've got a similar set up to yours, and it was working perfectly until yesterday. I used to be able play a tape on the VCR, and view it on the PC, but suddenly I'm not picking anything from the VCR. When I first set it up, I think the normal scan identified the VCR as a second input source, but I've tried resetting and it doesn't anymore. Any ideas?

edwinwhalley 12:45 18 Nov 06

I have tried to tune in my terrestial aerial to MCE & recieve a message "The Video decoder has either malfunctioned or is not installed-----"
All efforts with DEll so far useless
Any guidance available would be appreciated
Cheers Eddie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…