Windows media 11

sqn08 17:33 02 Feb 10

I am encountering problems with my computer, if i try a burn cd operation in windows media player 11. It causes XP pro to seroius crash (error 1000008e.)

It has performed this operation many times before, but recently been crashing as above. I cannot recall if it coensides with some other operation, like updating to wmp11?

I have looked at the event manager page and seems to suggest its CDrom specific. It indicates a file missing (SCM 7000)

I have performed a virus scan on WMP. nothing

I donot know how to update the files for the optiarc DVD RW AD 5170A on a windows xp pro system.
I have no idea what to do or where to look. to diagnose and fix this problem.

mrwoowoo 19:15 02 Feb 10

If you go into device manager via the control panel > system you will find "DVD and CDROM drives.
Click on the + sign and right click your DVD drive and choose uninstall.
Now restart your PC.
If that didn't work then try using the 'update driver software' option instead.

sqn08 20:33 02 Feb 10

hi thanks have tried the uninstall option, but it now instead of crashing this time gets as far as burn option in wmp and ejects blank cds saying insert a blank cd and it will auto start.
no cd works after that.

wmp 11 is up to date, and nothing seems to be improving.

I have tried looking at event manager but it doesn't reveal anything other than there might be a file missing which is hampering the process any further.

any ideas?

mrwoowoo 22:13 02 Feb 10

Did you try using the 'update driver software' option?
Same as before but instead of choosing uninstall, choose update driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…