windows ME to windows XP

braiman 16:49 23 Jul 03

is there a great advantage in upgrading to XP from ME? thks Braiman

whybe 17:06 23 Jul 03

I did because I was fed up of blue screens but mainly freezing. My ME version hated being altered and that was not just adding programs. With XP I haven't had those problems, I like its layout but one of the features I find good is its help and support it is very comprehensive. I have XP Media Centre (XP Pro with bits added by default).

alcudia 17:06 23 Jul 03

I use two systems, one running ME, the other XP Pro. XP is more stable and crashes far less.However a number of my programs would not install or run properly, despite using emulation.That's why I kept the ME machine. This is something to consider before making the change. If you think you're ok go for it.

palinka 17:07 23 Jul 03

Well I would say No, but others will disagree.My experience of ME has been good - never had any probs, though some people say it's "unstable", but as I say I've had no probs. Used it for just over 2 years.
I still run ME on my desktop machine and XP on a new laptop. Didn't make a conscious choice : bought at different times & that's what they came with.
Not had XP long enough to discover major differences /improvements. But nothing that I've found so far makes me wish to upgrade the ME machine to XP.
So if you're happy with ME I'd stick with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…